Foundations of Well-BeingWell-being is a critical topic with broad implications for how individuals and societies organize to maximize human fulfillment and welfare.
The Charles Koch Foundation is interested in supporting research that furthers an understanding of the origins and drivers of individual and societal well-being. We are especially interested in research that:
- Enhances an understanding of well-being’s historical and philosophical foundations.
- Identifies and explores key drivers of individual and societal well-being.
- Measures well-being using scientific methods.
- A one-to-two-page abstract of the project on behalf of your university, college, think tank, or other 501(c)(3) organization. The abstract should provide sufficient detail for reviewers to assess the nature and feasibility of the idea.
- A CV or résumé.
- A brief, itemized budget.
- Final projects should be original, of academic journal quality, and must not have been previously published.
Funding levels are commensurate with the requirements of the research and the potential for the research to advance an understanding of critical issues. Accepted proposals may also receive support to disseminate the research findings.